The Pharmacy dispenses drugs to outpatients and inpatients (public or private) as they relate to their diagnosis. They work with doctors and educate patients and medical staff on the correct usage of medication in all its forms, inclusive of “over the counter” and herbal medications.
Service is provided to anyone who presents a prescription from a public or private doctor to be filled.
Prescriptions are accepted from government employed and private physicians.
Prescriptions may be facilitated as follows:
- Stat (immediate) patient prescription processing
- Processing of refill packages for patients who choose to wait
- Delayed processing of prescriptions or refill packages for patients and staff “drop off”
- Prescription processing for private patients (patients can wait or “drop off”)
- National Prescription Drug Plan patients processing (patients can wait)
- Take your prescription to the Pharmacy
- Select a ticket number for each prescription or refill packet from the red machine on the wall
- Take a seat in the waiting area until your number is called
- When called, present your ticket and prescription or refill packet to the Technician
- The Technician will process your prescription or refill and issue you a bill
- Bills are processed in the Business Office
- Return to your seat and wait for prescription or refill to be processed or you may leave and return to collect medication later
- I f you opt to wait, remain until your name is called by the Pharmacist to collect your medication
- If you opt to leave, upon your return, present your receipt for collection of your medication
Information required for service
Please provide the following information when presenting a prescription or refill packet:
- Name of Patient
- Date of Birth
Rand Memorial Hospital:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Eight Mile Rock, Hawksbill, Outpatients Specialty Clinic (Pearce Plaza, Coral Road): 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
High Rock: Pharmacist visits Mondays only: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
West End: Pharmacist visits Thursdays only: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For information on your medication, contact (242) 350-6700 Ext. 2081.
Details on personal medication cannot be divulged to another person without proper authorization with the exception of minors i.e. children between the ages from birth to 17 years.